Green tea leaves are harvested and dried before they even ferment. This process ensures that benefits of drinking green tea keeps many of its healthy properties compared to other teas which undergo a lot of processes. Organic green tea produces a fresher and more aromatic flavor that many people love and enjoy. Aside from its taste and aroma, green teas are patronized more for their benefits to the overall condition of the body. They are now included in many diets and are made into diet supplements in the form of pills and extracts as well.
Basic Facts about Organic Green Tea
Men have been drinking organic green tea for over half a million years now. Its medicinal effects have been known by Chinese people long before researches and experiments have been done to prove its benefits. The history of green tea traces back from Asian culture, used as a beverage or an herbal medicine. As a matter of fact, history reports show that organic green tea was used as an astringent before to control bleeding and to help heal wounds.
What Makes Organic Tea Special
Catechin Polyphenols, a powerful antioxidant can be found richly in green tea. The compound is known to kill cancer cells, lowers bad cholesterol levels, and inhibits formation of blood clots. What sets organic green tea apart from other tea like oolong, and black tea is how it is processed. Organic green tea is steamed so its important compounds are not oxidized. Other teas are usually made from fermented leaves which make the beneficial health compounds not as effective as when it is only steamed.
Health Benefits of Green Tea
The popularity of green tea grew with the interest in fitness and healthy lifestyle. Tea contains a group of compounds called Polyphenols which acts as antioxidants to the body. Great benefits like preventing cancer have been proven to come from drinking organic green tea. Aside from that, here are a few more benefits of drinking green tea to the health of a person:
• Prevents flu – Green tea can boost immunity against influenza
• Lowers Blood pressure – Blood pressure can be lowered by 50% by drinking at least two cups of green tea a day
• Cleanses the Digestive System – Tannins in tea cleanses the digestive tract and can calm a troubled stomach
• Aids in Weight Loss – Organic green tea is rich in antioxidants known as catechins which helps reduce the absorption of fats. Metabolism is also increased by drinking a cup to two of green tea everyday
• Dental Health – Cavity is prevented with the aid of fluoride from green tea. Aside from that, antioxidants kill bacteria and thus fresher breathe is obtained
• Bone Strength – Organic green tea is rich in Vitamin D which helps maintain bone density that helps arthritis patients.
Harmful Effects of Organic Green Tea
The hazards of green tea to the health are due to its caffeine. Insomnia can be experienced by those who consume more than five cups of green tea a day. However, compared to coffee, green tea contains lesser caffeine.