Solution to Acidity
What You Will Get in our Yoga For Acidity Video Course:
6 Asana (Exercise Poses)
7 Breathing exercises
1 Meditation technique with full practice instructions
Acid Reflux, Heartburn and Gerd
Formation of acid in the stomach helps the digestive system. Acid reflux occurs when the stomach pushes up the acid into the esophagus. Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) results when there is chronic acid reflux. There is a band of muscles at the bottom of esophagus whose job is to prevent acid from leaking out of the stomach. The lining of the stomach can cope with the presence of acid, which is essential for food digestion. The lining of esophagus can withstand little and with some it is more sensitive to a slight acid overflow.
Acid reflux symptoms
A burning sensation that moves up from the stomach to the abdomen, and in extreme cases up to the throat. It does not affect the heart in spite of the name heartburn. You may also have a shower taste in the mouth or a wet burp, bloating and belching. Some not very common symptoms are a persistent cough. Due to irritation in the wind pipe, asthmatic wheeze, gum problem, bad breathe, sore throat, hoarseness and a choking sensation. Too frequent acid reflux may damage the lining of esophagus and cause bleeding.
Acid reflux causes
Acid reflux is often a minor occurrence. It is a common among pregnant women and stops after the child birth. Over weight, stomach hernia and undue pressure on the stomach due to bending and wrong postures often causes acid reflux.
Some food and beverages are usually heartburn-triggers. However the vary from person to person one might find spicy food producing heartburn while to another person a simple cup of coffee may cause acid reflux. Each person should observe and find out what is causing the acid reflux and cut down on that food or drink. Going to bed soon after a heavy meal increase the risk of night time acid build up. A full stomach would pressure on the valve at the top of the stomach which prevent stomach acid from leaking into the esophagus. Have early dinner and allow a couple of hours before going to bed.
Citrus food, fatty food, onion and carbonated drinks are prone to cause acid reflux. Do not over eat. Drink plenty of water.
Our Other Sites
- PranayamaPranayama is popularly understood as a variety of breathing exercises. However there is more to it. Apart from filling the lungs with fresh oxygen, the purpose of Pranayama is to use the effective air circulation in the physical body to influence the flow of Prana or energy in the Pranamaya Kosha or the energy Sheathe […]
- Health Implication of Yoga and MeditationThe popular trend in the Western society is a belief that ‘regular physical activity seems to be the most important contributor to prevent disease and promote health’. This statement seems incomplete. Of course, physical activities are of immense importance for good health, but for preventing disease, physical activity or yoga postures alone, constitute one half […]
- ArthritisArthritis is a disease that can occur at any age. Generally it affects any joint with variable intensity. The inflammation of joints cause pain, stiffness, swelling and restricted movements. In most cases there is a deterioration of soft tissues that cover and protect the joints. In some cases excess uric acid is the cause. Also, too […]
- Is Arthritis Affected by Weather?It is believed that, arthritis joint pain is directly affected by the weather and barometric pressure. In 1960, Dr. J. Hollander, an arthritis specialist demonstrated, how increased humidity and reduced barometric pressure, increases stiffness and joint pain in arthritis patients. He also added, during high barometric pressure, pain in fibromyalgia sufferers increases. But finally, […]
- 10 Never Heard Benefits of GarlicBenefits of garlic. Looks beautiful, smells horrible, tastes repulsive (when raw), yet added to your cooking and meal turns delicious. It not only makes food delicious, benefits of garlic is uncountable. You must be wondering what am I talking about? Nothing more than innocent garlic bulb, oozing with nutrition. Benefits of Garlic 1. Main active […]
Our yoga trainer Anindya Kumar Das, started yoga Training in 1968 from.. Read more