Solution to Sprain
Our Video Program includes :
5 Asana (Exercise Poses)
2 Breathing exercises
8 Meditation technique with full practice instructions
What is an Sprain?
Ankle sprain a common injury in sports. The ankle joints absorbs tremendous force when an athlete sprints changes direction and lands from a jump. Preventive measures can limit reinjuring an ankle after sprain. The best way to prevent ankle sprain is to strengthen the muscles, tendons and ligaments around the joints to withstand force increase stability in all directions.
Ankle is a critical part of our body as it connects the foot with the leg. It is a tender joint which provides free movement of leg and feet and helps one to walk. It is so important that it takes the whole body’s weight while supporting the Knee.The feet and ankles work together to provide support and mobility to the body. A foot or ankle sprain is a soft tissue injury. Most often, a sprain occurs when an injury pulls, stretches, or tears the ligaments that connect bone to bone.
Pain, swelling, bruising, decreased ability to move the limb if a ligament ruptures sometimes you hear a dim sound.
In most cases sprain occurs when a limb is extended to move beyond its functional range. This happens mostly unconsciously or accidentally. Tired muscles can easily lead to sprain that is why it is strongly advised not to suddenly start an exercise session but to start with some warm up exercises first, to loose in the joints through increase blood flow and gentle lubrication. Most common areas for sprain to happen are ankle and wrist.
Certain Yoga exercise(Preventive Yoga) provides healing and strengthening effects on sprained ankles.
For example: Trikon Yoga
By doing this Asana, one needs to know how one’s foot relates with the floor. Find out the three points of your balance. These points are underneath the base of the big toe, underneath the base of the little toe, and the heel. These three points when placed on the floor make a firm tripod shape.
When one activates the feet and presses down into the ground, it actually activates the tendons, the ligaments, and the joints and everything that helps stabilize one’s ankle. This strengthening exercise will actually help one find the proper balance and alignment through the ankle, through one’s foot firmly into the ground underneath. If one practice this consistently over time then surely one will be able to heal any ankle sprains through the careful use of your yoga practice.
Our Other Sites
- PranayamaPranayama is popularly understood as a variety of breathing exercises. However there is more to it. Apart from filling the lungs with fresh oxygen, the purpose of Pranayama is to use the effective air circulation in the physical body to influence the flow of Prana or energy in the Pranamaya Kosha or the energy Sheathe […]
- Health Implication of Yoga and MeditationThe popular trend in the Western society is a belief that ‘regular physical activity seems to be the most important contributor to prevent disease and promote health’. This statement seems incomplete. Of course, physical activities are of immense importance for good health, but for preventing disease, physical activity or yoga postures alone, constitute one half […]
- ArthritisArthritis is a disease that can occur at any age. Generally it affects any joint with variable intensity. The inflammation of joints cause pain, stiffness, swelling and restricted movements. In most cases there is a deterioration of soft tissues that cover and protect the joints. In some cases excess uric acid is the cause. Also, too […]
- Is Arthritis Affected by Weather?It is believed that, arthritis joint pain is directly affected by the weather and barometric pressure. In 1960, Dr. J. Hollander, an arthritis specialist demonstrated, how increased humidity and reduced barometric pressure, increases stiffness and joint pain in arthritis patients. He also added, during high barometric pressure, pain in fibromyalgia sufferers increases. But finally, […]
- 10 Never Heard Benefits of GarlicBenefits of garlic. Looks beautiful, smells horrible, tastes repulsive (when raw), yet added to your cooking and meal turns delicious. It not only makes food delicious, benefits of garlic is uncountable. You must be wondering what am I talking about? Nothing more than innocent garlic bulb, oozing with nutrition. Benefits of Garlic 1. Main active […]
Our yoga trainer Anindya Kumar Das, started yoga Training in 1968 from.. Read more